Class of 2021 Outcomes: McKenzie Cooper Continues her Education

With another Commencement quickly approaching, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2021:

Name: McKenzie Cooper

Hometown: Watchung, New Jersey

Major: Business administration with a minor in healthcare management

Post-graduation plans: Cooper will be attending Rutgers University to pursue a Masters in Healthcare Administration.

How HPU helped you get there: “Over the past four years, High Point has helped me achieve my goals in so many ways. Specifically, I think allowing students to take numerous courses in different academic departments ultimately allowed me to find the field I am most passionate about – I am so grateful! In addition, the professors at High Point University are incredible. They are each so knowledgeable, always pushing you to succeed, and are readily available to help you if needed. The Office of Career and Professional Development was so helpful on numerous occasions. From help with resumes, to interview preparation, there was always something to learn and improve on that Career & Professional Development could help with.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “While I’ve been positively impacted by so many faculty at High Point, Dr. Greg Page has been a great mentor to me over the past year. I have learned so much from him – I’ve not only learned about the functions of a healthcare organization but also about how to be part of a high-functioning team in the workplace. His industry experience showed me my passion for the healthcare field and I am incredibly lucky to have taken a few of his courses. Because I took some of his healthcare management classes, the decision to attend graduate school and pursue an MHA degree was easy!”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One of the most impactful moments at High Point would be when I was invited to join Delta Mu Delta, an honor society for those in the top 20% of the business school. It’s truly a great feeling to see all of your hard work be acknowledged!”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of all that High Point University has to offer, especially from the beginning. HPU offers so many different organizations, clubs and ways to get involved, which will help you form connections and relationships with people! ”