The Pagon Family Promising Entrepreneur’s Fund, established through the generosity of Kata and Leonard Pagon, provides financial support for students in the creation of start-up/early stage companies. The program is open to any current student in good standing. The purpose of this fund is to invest in some of High Point University’s most exciting student business ventures.
Students will perform all due diligence, make investment decisions, and interact with business leaders and successful entrepreneurs while learning how to take their companies to the next level.
- to provide students a “real world” experience where they can develop their business ideas, increasing the probability of the success of their venture.
- to promote the creation and development of successful entrepreneurs at High Point University.
- to provide support and funding to the most innovative business ideas from undergraduate students.
- to provide undergraduate student entrepreneurs with direct exposure to mentors, investors, and other capital providers.
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of judges and will be scored based on the following:
- Business model clarity, sustainability, and feasibility
- Clear demonstration of insights into problem being solved.
- Originality of product/service
- Understanding of market opportunity and competitive landscape
- Potential investor possibilities and attractiveness
- Team competencies, passion, and commitment to venture
Grant amounts generally range from $500 to $1,500.
Actual amounts will be determined based on evaluation of the student’s application.
Applications will be approved by a committee of faculty from the Phillips School of Business and the Pagon Family.
Application period opens February 1, 2023 with a deadline of February 17, 2023.
Notifications of awards will be made mid March.
For more information contact Kathy Elliott email@example.com