Promoting wellness, safety, and healthy behaviors for an extraordinary campus community!
Mission: Increase healthy behaviors and improve overall well-being of individuals within the High Point University community through educational campaigns, programming, training and intervention.
Follow Panther Prevention on Instagram @pantherprevention
What if you or someone else are experiencing a mental health emergency?
During Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, you may walk-in to Counseling Services. If you are in physical danger, please call 911, as well as Campus Police and Security at 336- 841-9111 or X9111 from a campus extension.
After Business Hours and Weekends: Please call Campus Police and Security at 336-841-9111 or x9111 from a campus extension.
Please see our Mental Health Emergencies page for more information.
Interpersonal Violence Prevention is…
- Defining interpersonal violence: Interpersonal Violence includes intentional use of physical force or power to physically, sexually, emotionally, or psychologically harm or threaten harm.
- Information on domestic/dating violence, stalking, non-consensual sexual contact, sexual misconduct, and sexual assault
- Empowering individuals to put consent into practice
- Bystander Intervention
- Awareness and culture change
- Resources for support, advocacy, and reporting
If you would like to report an incident of sexual assault, sexual misconduct, intimate partner violence, stalking, or non-consensual sexual contact, sexual harassment, please complete a reporting form HERE.
Campus Resource Guide for Students Impacted by Sexual Violence, Intimate Partner Violence, and Stalking
What to do after Sexual Assault
Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network
National Sexual Violence Resource Center
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Guilford County Family Services
Substance Use Prevention is…
- Education on the impact alcohol and other drugs can have on one’s health
- Ways substances can cause impairment
- Knowledge on what makes drinking high risk
- Tools to make healthy choices and reduce harm
Suicide Prevention: Question. Persuade. Refer. Trainings
Mental Health & Wellness Prevention Topics
- Managing stress & anxiety
- Education on depression and anxiety
- Disordered eating
- Suicide Prevention