Chair and Associate Professor
Norcross Graduate School 250-B
Ed.D. – Kinesiology, University of North Carolina-Greensboro
M.S. – Health, Kinesiology, and Leisure Studies, Purdue University
B.S. – Athletic Training, Springfield College
News & Media Links
- BURN THE SYLLABUS
- THE JOURNEY OF TRANSFORMATION FOR HPU STUDENTS
- UPRIGHT IS ALL RIGHT, The Costco Connection, JUNE 2017
- 2016 MEREDITH CLARK SLANE DISTINGUISHED TEACHING-SERVICE AWARD
- THE SPIRITED MENTOR BEHIND EXERCISE SCIENCE
- FACULTY AND STUDENT’S RESEARCH PUBLISHED IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL
- WALKING THE WALK: ONE PROFESSOR’S APPROACH TO MODELING WELLNESS
- EXS 2100 Analysis & Critique
- EXS 3200 Exercise Testing & Prescription
- WEL 4200 Exercise & Aging
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Athletic Training (3+2 MSAT)
- BS. Exercise Science
- Wright, AA, DT Tarara, AS Gesselman, & SL Dischiavi (2021). “Do currently prescribed exercises reflect contributing pathomechanics associated with femoroacetabular impingement syndrome? A Scoping Review.” Physical Therapy in Sport. (Available online December 2020). https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1466853X20305940?via%3Dihub
- Dischiavi, SL, AA Wright, DT Tarara, & CM Bleakley (2020). “Do exercises for patellofemoral pain reflect common injury mechanisms? A systematic review.” Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. (Available online September 2020) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2020.09.001
- Wright, AA, EJ Hegedus, EJ, DT Tarara, SC Ray, & SL Dischiavi (2017). “Exercise prescription for overhead athletes with shoulder pathology: a systematic review with best evidence synthesis.” Br J Sports Med. http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/04/12/bjsports-2016-096915
bjsports- 2016- 096915).
- Tarara, DT, LK Fogaca, JB Taylor, & EJ Hegedus (2015). “Clinician-friendly physical performance tests in athletes Part 3: a systematic review of measurement properties and correlations to injury for tests in the upper extremity.” Br J Sports Med. 50,
- Tarara, DT, EJ Hegedus, & JB Taylor (2014). “Real-time test-retest and interrater reliability of select physical performance measures in physically active college-aged students.” Int J Sports Phys Ther, 9(7), 874-887.
- Hegedus, EJ, ME Vidt & DT Tarara (2014). “The Best Combination of Physical Performance and Self-report Measures to Capture Function in Three Patient Groups.” Physical Therapy Reviews. 19(3): 196-203.
- Hegedus, EJ, B Stern, MP Reiman, D Tarara & AA Wright (2013). “A suggested model for physical examination and conservative treatment of athletic pubalgia.” Physical Therapy in Sport 14(1): 3-16.
- Myer, CA, EJ Hegedus, DT Tarara & DM Myer (2013). “A user’s guide to performance of the best shoulder physical examination tests.” Br J Sports Med. 47(14):903-907.