- Ph.D. in Organization and Management from Capella University
- MBA from Western Carolina University
- B.S. from the United States Military Academy, West Point
- University Department Management and Entrepreneurship
- Location Plato S. Wilson Commerce Building 314
- Phone Number +1 (336) 841-4576
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. David Little, Associate Professor of Management, joined High Point University in 1995. He currently teaches courses in Global Supply Chain / Operations Management and Strategic Management on the graduate and undergraduate levels. His teaching methodologies include simulations and other applied techniques where students learn through real-world scenarios. He couples the practical with the scholarly. Dr. Little requires his MBA students to write a publishable academic paper for the operations class which has led to four student papers being published and presented at academic conferences with the student as the sole author.
HPU alumnus Christoffer Riis Jensen explained the impact Dr. Little’s MBA class had on him when he wrote, “I have had many great and inspirational professors at HPU. If I had to choose the most influential one, it would have to be Dr. David Little. He taught me how to create business plans, and how to analyze the market. He also gave the assignment of coming up with a new type of business. In other words, he taught me how to become entrepreneurial.”
Dr. Little’s recent publications include:
• Business Model Flowchart, Proceedings of the Global Economics, Finance, and Management Conference, June 2011. (peer reviewed)
• The ‘Home Team’ Approach to Service Quality: Linking and Leveraging Communications Between Human Resources, Operations and Marketing, Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications and Conflict, January 2010. (peer-reviewed)
• Looking for a Reason: Escalation in New Product Development, Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship, January 2009. (peer-reviewed)
HPU has tapped Dr. Little to serve on the Professional Growth Committee, the Assurance of Learning Committee, the Interdisciplinary Studies Committee, and the Graduate Council. The Phillips School of Business academic program benefits from Dr. Little’s involvement as Chair of the Curriculum Committee and as a member of the Assurance of Learning Evaluation Committee.
The Earl N. Phillips School of Business was pleased to learn of the generosity of the Parr family who made a donation to the HPU Fund for Extraordinary Education in Dr. Little’s honor.
Dr. Little earned his Ph.D. in Organization and Management from Capella University, his MBA from Western Carolina University, and his B.S. from the United States Military Academy, West Point.