Course: MKT 3850: Marketing in Spain
Course term: May 2022
Professor: Dr. Miguel Sahagun, email@example.com
Upon completion of this course the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to comprehend the critical needs of international buyers and explain the major considerations present in international marketing.
2. Identify the necessary external factors, such as the economic system, socio-cultural forces, political and legal issues, and related factors in a foreign market.
3. Develop an international marketing strategy after using SWOT analysis.
4. Evaluate persuasive strategies in advertising discourse.
5. Develop and design an advertising campaign that addresses multiculturalism in a globalized market.
6. Analyze cross-cultural interactions recognizing their marketing impact. Students will assess how cultural heritages shape and limit people’s perspectives. Furthermore, students will describe how their own cultural backgrounds may shape and limit their international marketing viewpoints.
7. Analyze the marketing process and apply the international marketing concepts in a foreign environment. Students will develop and design an advertising campaign that addresses multiculturalism in a globalized market recognizing the causes of globalization in an increasingly interconnected world.
8. Analyze the ethical ramifications of international marketing and be able to define the moral implications of international marketing decisions. Students will assess these issues considering their own sense of civic responsibility.
In order to accomplish the above, this course incorporates non-academic activities to be performed after class throughout our 4 week stay. Some of these activities are cooking and dancing lessons, cultural activities, and visits to local businesses and cultural monuments such as museums, castles, and cathedrals. This is a life changing experience!
Excursions to the Basque region and the cities of Bilbao and San Sebastian, the Andalucía cities of Cordoba and Sevilla, known for its tapas and flamenco, the Castilla-Leon region, visiting Segovia and La Alberca, and the Portuguese hill town of Guarda.