Global Education


Your spouse and unmarried children under 21 may be eligible for F-2 dependent status. Contact your DSO or the PDSO for procedures to invite a dependent to join you in the U.S.


Employment Policies for Dependents

Immigration regulations do not permit F-2 dependents to be employed in the U.S.


Study Policies for Dependents

F-2 dependents can study part-time in an academic or vocational curriculum at an SEVP-certified school, can study in a vocational or recreational program (e.g., hobby), or may enroll full-time in kindergarten through 12th grade.

An F-2 dependent who wants to pursue full-time study must obtain F-1 status to begin the full-time program.

Office of Global Education

Location: Cottrell Hall, Suite 142
Phone: +1 (336) 841-9280
Mailing Address:
High Point University
Office of Global Education
One University Parkway, Drawer 24
High Point, NC 27268  USA

Global Ed in the News

Class of 2019: Emily Casper Nurtures an Interest in Nursing
read more
Global Insights: How Studying Abroad Develops Crucial Skills
read more
HPU Announces Academic and Professional Achievements
read more
View All

HPU Students Study Abroad

Global Education and Study Abroad
Academic Prospectus