Global Education

International Student Resource Guide

International Student Programs & Services at High Point University is here to serve the unique needs of our growing international student population.  As part of the Office of Global Education, we work with the Office of Admissions, Academic Services (including Academic Advising), Student Life, Counseling, and others across campus while providing services including supplemental academic advising; F-1 Visa, I-20, and OPT assistance; and cultural engagement opportunities.

HPU and International Student Affairs strive to provide international students with a “home away from home,” with personnel dedicated to the goal of making their academic experience extraordinary, all within the unique environment of HPU, where students live and learn in inspiring surroundings with caring professors and staff.

For more information, please contact Dr. Jeff Palis, Director of Global Education.


Incoming International Student Staff

Dr. Jeff Palis, Assistant Vice President of Global Education, Principal Designated School Official

Jeff is the main point of contact for partnering institutions and inbound exchange students. He is the main point of contact for nominations and interested students. | +1 (336) 841-9636

Kristen Cruz, Senior Coordinator for International Programs and Services, Designated School Official

Kristen is the first point of contact for international students at High Point University. She advises international students, provides services to help students acclimate to life in the US and at HPU, and serves as the advisor to the Global Student Association. | +1 (336) 841-4692

Chris Ferguson, Senior Advisor for Study Abroad Programs, Designated School Official

Chris serves as a designated school official and assists in creating and maintaining HPU and SEVIS student records. He is the main point of contact for transcript-related questions. | +1 (336) 841-9051


Global Education Student Employees

In addition to the professional staff listed above, a team of Global Education student employees is available for general questions, assistance with scheduling advising appointments and administrative tasks, and advice about HPU and US culture. Our student employees are the front line of the Office of Global Education and provide a welcoming place for students and guests. | +1 (336) 841-9280

Office of Global Education

Location: Cottrell Hall, Suite 142
Phone: +1 (336) 841-9280
Mailing Address:
High Point University
Office of Global Education
One University Parkway, Drawer 24
High Point, NC 27268  USA

Global Ed in the News

Class of 2021 Outcomes: Cynthia Battaglia Cements a Career in Interior Design
read more
24 Things Every Panther Should Do in their First Year at HPU
read more
Class of 2020 Outcomes: Hayley Larsen Coordinates for Sea Colony Recreational As…
read more
View All

HPU Students Study Abroad

Global Education and Study Abroad
Academic Prospectus