About Tilburg University
Tilburg University enjoys the reputation of being among Europe’s best research universities in Business, Economics, Law, and Social and Behavioral Sciences. As one of Europe’s most respected educational institutions, Tilburg University regularly achieves the leading position in international rankings, partly due to its international orientation in academic excellence as well as in the personal development of both students and staff. To maintain this position, and to make sure it can attract the best students and staff, Tilburg University continues to invest in good lecturers and academic researchers and is continuously looking to improve and update its campus facilities.
The University has held the number 1 position as Best Specialist University in the Netherlands for six consecutive years now. In the field of Social Sciences, Tilburg University holds:
- a worldwide #68 position and a European #16 position in the Times Higher Education World Ranking.
- a worldwide #86 position and a European #16 in the Shanghai Ranking.
In the QS World Ranking, Tilburg University holds:
- a worldwide #70 position and a European #28 position in Psychology.
- a worldwide #108 position and a European #47 position in Social Sciences and Management.
Tilburg University has an excellent network of more than 325 top universities around the world, annually receiving and sending over 500 exchange students and welcoming more than 1,200 international degree-seeking students from more than 85 countries to its programs. TU offers a varied curriculum, intensive study guidance, and a stimulating environment for students and staff.
Top 3 Reasons to Study Here:
- Studying at Tilburg University means studying at a world-class university on a lively campus in the vibrant city of Tilburg.
- Exchange students are warmly welcomed, receive a “buddy” and are picked up upon arrival.
- Getting around in the Netherlands is easy as the public transportation system is excellent. It’s just a short train ride to Amsterdam, and a short flight to Brussels, Paris, and London.
Location: Tilburg, Netherlands (population: 206,000)
University: Tilburg University (students: 13,000)
Program Website: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/education/summerschool/
Dates: July 17 – August 11, 2017
Minimum application requirements: 2.5 GPA and sophomore status
Application: Visit the program page for application information
Application deadlines: TBD
Visa information: See Tilburg University’s exchange program services and facilities page for detailed information.
Primary Contact Information: Mr. Daan Klijsen, email@example.com
Tilburg University offers the following courses during the summer program.
- Spanish Beginners
- Spanish Intermediate
- English for Academic Purpose
- Niederlandisch Intensivkurs
- Dutch Intensive S.C.
- Chinese for beginners
- Dealing with Cultural Diversity
For High Point University to recognize the credits you complete abroad, you must earn at least a grade equivalent to a C in the U.S. HPU will not accept credit for courses with grades of C– or below. Grades for all courses earned abroad are recorded on the international transcript. Credits are received by HPU as transfer credits which means the credit is received but the grade is not. Your HPU grade point average will not be impacted positively or negatively by your study abroad courses.
Housing & Meals
Accommodation with a recommended housing company in Tilburg. This will entail accommodation for your stay during the Summer School period (4 weeks).
The rooms are situated nearby Tilburg University. Our campus, the train station (‘Tilburg University’) and the bus stop are within walking distance. The size of the rooms is 12 square meters and the room will be fully furnished.
Meals are self catered.
Besides interesting academic courses, Tilburg University Summer School also organizes a Social Program for its participants. Make the most of your summer and combine your summer course with a unique social and cultural experience! Think about City trips to Amsterdam and The Hague, sport activities, Diners, workshops and parties.
Different prices per activity: 10 – 60 USD
- Various course fees. Prices between 400 – 1.100 USD for 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks.
- Accommodation: 520 USD
- Social Program (mandatory part): 10-25 USD
- Social Program (extra activities): 10 – 60 USD
- Bike rental: 25-40 USD