Each year at University Honors Day awards are given to fraternities and sororities that have excelled in the previous calendar year.
Awards given at 2017 Honors Day recognize chapters for the 2016 calendar year.
Greek Person of the Year: Haley McKeown, Kappa Delta & Grant Johnson, Beta Theta Pi
IFC Academic Excellence: Pi Kappa Phi
Panhellenic Academic Excellence: Kappa Delta
NPHC Academic Excellence: Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
Outstanding Service to the Community: Alpha Chi Omega & Beta Theta Pi
Outstanding Philanthropy: Phi Mu & Kappa Alpha Order
Overview: This award is the highest award a chapter can receive at High Point University. It is awarded to any fraternity or sorority that meets the following criteria and submits documentation to support the criteria.
- Chapter has not been sanctioned by the IFC/Panhellenic/NPHC, Student Conduct Board or National Headquarters at any time during the Spring 2016 or Fall 2016 semesters.
- Chapter is at or above the IFC/Panhellenic/NPHC GPA average for both the Spring 2016 and Fall 2016 semesters.
- Chapter has a chapter advisor and/or a faculty advisor that attends at least one chapter meeting a month. P
- Chapter has completed community service in the City of High Point.
- Chapter has made a monetary donation to the organizations national philanthropy.
Winners: Beta Theta Pi