Families play a vital role in this special environment and the University’s overall growth and success. Recognizing this importance, the High Point University Parents Council plays a dynamic role in HPU’s success through annual support to the HPU Fund for Extraordinary Education and through gifts of their time and talents.
The High Point University Parents Council is open to all parents who are interested in supporting High Point University’s mission to deliver educational experiences that enlighten, challenge and prepare students to lead lives of significance in complex global communities through a variety of volunteer opportunities that assist in enhancing the student and parent experience. The Parents Council meets twice each academic year during Family Weekend.
Parents Council members are asked to:
- Attend HPU related events and meetings during HPU’s semi-annual Family Weekends.
- Host or attend HPU-related events in your region
- Become actively involved in the life of the University and serve as an ambassador by fostering relationships with other current and prospective HPU parents.
- Engage parents as resources in career programming, mentoring and internship and job placement.
- Make an annual leadership gift of $1,924 or more to the HPU Fund for Extraordinary Education. This Fund enhances the student campus experience including student life, career services, study abroad, facilities, merit scholarships, technology, cultural events, and community engagement. Visit family giving to make your pledge commitment for the year.
For more information about the President’s Leadership Cabinet please contact Jan Knox ‘03, Director of Family Engagement and Philanthropy, at 336-841-9641 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in joining the Parents Council? Fill out the form below.