Safety and security is a top priority at High Point University, and the HPU Security team is proud to be recognized for the department’s accomplishments and honors.
Campus Safety Rankings:
- HPU Security is consistently ranked as one of SECURITY Magazine’s top 20 security programs in the Education category out of 500 security programs
- Ranked in the top 25 safest campuses by the National Campus Safety Summit.
Leadership Awards and Recognition:
- Security Director named one of the “Most Influential People in Security” by SECURITY Magazine.
- Security Director awarded with the Medal of Excellence by the National Association of Campus Safety Administrators (NACSA).
- Presented with the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators’ (IACLEA) award for Administrative Excellence.
- Security Director named as finalist for Security Director of the Year by Campus Safety Magazine.
- Security Director profiled by SECURITY magazine, highlighting the growth and administrative support of the Security Department.
- Security Department profiled in Security Magazine article outlining the department’s leadership in the field of security.
- Security Director presented with the North Carolina Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (NCACLEA) Commit to Excellence award.
- Security Director presented with the Private Officer International Meritorious Award in recognition for the department’s commitment to campus safety and security.
Officer Awards and Recognition:
- HPU Security Officer Jeff Thomas awarded the Kahn Family Extraordinary Staff Award.
Contributions within the Industry:
- Members of the Safety and Emergency Management team published an article in Campus Security and Life Safety discussing a campus-wide “lockdown” drill the university conducted.
- Members of the Security team published an article in SECURITY Magazine discussing the department’s history with in-vehicle cameras.
- Members of the Security team shared the department’s experience with implementing and managing body-worn cameras at the North Carolina Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (NCACLEA) conference.
- Members of the Security team were selected to present at the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) conference in Anaheim, CA.