All members of campus are allowed to register a vehicle at no additional cost, regardless of class year. Members of campus can park in all parking spaces, provided that they are not specially-marked spots (i.e., reserved, service and delivery, etc.).
Register your car:
The first step to bringing a car to campus is to register the car with Security, and receive your parking decal. All members of campus must register their vehicle. This can be done either at the Wanek Center Security Service Center, or at the main Security building at North College Administration.
Follow the parking rules:
Be sure to display your parking permit properly.
Be mindful of the places you park. Do not park in spaces outside of your registration classification (i.e., admissions, reserved, handicap).
If you receive a parking citation, you may either pay the citation or appeal.
If you pay the citation:
- Students will have the fine automatically drafted from their student account. No additional student action is needed.
- All other members of campus –
- Cash, check, or credit card (excluding Visa) will be accepted at the Cashier’s Office in Roberts Hall during normal business hours.
- Pay by credit or debit card online.
- Checks can be made payable to High Point University and mailed to 833 Montlieu Avenue, High Point NC 27268 (please write the ticket/citation number in the Memo line on the check).
If you appeal the citation:
Parking tickets and traffic citations must be appealed online within seven days of the citation. Citations may not be appealed by phone, email or in person.
The Appeals Officer will review the appeal and may grant the appeal, reduce the fine or deny the appeal. If the appeal is denied, you may appeal the citation to the Board of Appeals within seven days of notice of the appeal denial. The Board of Appeals is comprised of one student, one security member and one staff or faculty member. The decision of the Board is final.