SGA Class Officer Elections
Class Officer Position Descriptions
2023-2024 Class Officer Election Application
Campaigns and Elections Act
Class Officer Eligibility Requirements
Except for new students, i.e. freshmen and transfer students, candidates for class offices within the Student Government Association must:
- Have a grade point average of 2.7 or higher at the time of the election
- Be enrolled in 12 credit hours or more
Candidates are required to be in good disciplinary standing with the University and cannot be on disciplinary probation.
- Candidates with a disciplinary history are not automatically eliminated from consideration. However, the nature of the incident(s) will be reviewed by the Student Conduct Team and may affect candidate eligibility.
*Candidates will be asked to sign a release form granting permission for HPU staff to conduct GPA and Student Conduct checks.
2023-2024 Class Officer Elections Timeline
March 31 Interest Meeting
March 31 – April 6 Applications Accepted [via HPU Connect]
- Applications open after the interest meeting on March 31 and close on April 6 at 5:00 pm
April 11 A mandatory Candidate Campaign Meeting will be held for all candidates to review election guidelines.
April 11 – April 19 Campaign Period
- Campaigning begins after the required campaign meeting on April 11 and ends on April 19 at 12:00 pm.
April 16 – April 19 Voting [via HPU Connect]
- Polls open at 12:00 pm on April 16 and close at 12:00 pm on April 19.
April 20 Results are delivered to the candidates and are then announced to the student body.
*Class of 2027 Officer Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year will be available via HPU Connect in August 2023.