Experiences at HPU Prepare Senior Bradley Taylor for Success

Posted on February 11, 2013.

Bradley Taylor PresentationThe Office of Student Life presents the Extraordinary Leader award to outstanding students each month. The entire HPU community – students, faculty and staff, make nominations, and the nominees are asked to complete a survey about their academic, social and charitable involvement on campus and in the community. A committee of HPU administrators selects the students who embody true leadership.

Senior Bradley Taylor has been selected as the final Extraordinary Leader in 2012. Taylor says that education has always come first, and there’s proof of that claim in his pursuit of two bachelor degrees and two minors in four years – a Bachelor of Science in chemistry with a minor in physics and a Bachelor of Arts in mathematics with a minor in music‐piano concentration.

Further proof lies in the fact that Taylor has been accepted to Vanderbilt University’s Peabody School of Education to pursue a M.Ed. in higher education administration, but he’s also considering other prestigious graduate programs at North Carolina State University, the University of South Carolina and Virginia Tech.

“Throughout my life, I have been challenged to strive for academic excellence, which I take to be one of my core goals,” says Taylor. “While at High Point University, that goal has continued to be at the forefront of my existence.”

His motivation to work in higher education stems from his experiences with the caring faculty and staff at HPU. In addition to academics, he’s found balance and growth opportunities by being involved on campus in numerous organizations. Since freshman year, he has held leadership positions through the Student Government Association, Inter-Residence Council and University Ambassadors program, and he’s served as a Resident Assistant. He has also been part of the development of the Student Alumni Council, which informs current students of ways to give back and stay involved with the university before they graduate so they will continue to do so afterwards.

Taylor dedicates his time to off campus organizations as well. He is the associate director of music at Christ United Methodist Church and is the assistant scoutmaster for his Boy Scout Troop in his hometown of Clemmons, N.C.

When he graduates in May, not only will he continue his education at a top-ranked graduate school, but he’ll know what it means to be a true leader thanks to his HPU experience.

“Without my experiences here at HPU, the support of my family and friends and the blessings that God has graciously provided to me, I am confident in making the statement that I would not be the same person that I am today,” he says. “I have grown academically, socially, personally and morally from my time at this institution due to the challenges in the classroom, being involved in campus organizations and the interactions with outstanding school administrators.”

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”