Communication Major Interns with NASCAR Digital Media

06.13.2013

Melia SigmonHIGH POINT, N.C., June 13, 2013 – Rising junior Melia Sigmon has been selected for an internship at NASCAR Digital Media in Charlotte, N.C.

As part of the internship, the communication major is working closely with the NASCAR Digital Media team in the area of changes to the website, web analytics and live events coordination for NASCAR.com.

“This internship is helping me diversify my skills and build up my portfolio,” says Sigmon.

Over the course of her internship, Sigmon has also made important networking contacts with NASCAR officials and had the opportunity to meet celebrity drivers including Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Richard Petty.

Sigmon credits this experience to HPU’s Office of Career and Internship Services.

“The entire team helped me prepare myself for the big interviews and continued to follow up with me and cheer me on through the entire process,” says Sigmon. “It’s so helpful that High Point University has built a bridge between HPU and the professional world for all students to utilize when the need arises.”

To read more about Sigmon’s experiences at NASCAR on HPU’s Internship Blog by clicking here: http://www.highpoint.edu/internshipblog/

Sep
      20

13

Marvin Blickenstaff
    HPU to Host Recital, Workshops by Pianist Marvin Blickenstaff
    Tory Crossen Teens for Jeans
    Freshman Finds Match for Her Caring Spirit at HPU
    TaraShea Nesbit
    HPU Welcomes Author TaraShea Nesbit With Grant Series