Class of 2014 Profile: Alex Oberlander Tackles the Big Apple

05.19.2014

Name: Alex Oberlander

Major: Oberlander graduated with a B.A. in Strategic Communication on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Oberlander accepted a sales position at Insight Global, an information technology staffing firm, in New York City. The company was ranked from 2006 through 2011 among the five fastest growing IT staffing firms and named the sixth largest IT staffing firm in America in 2013.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU greatly helped me achieve my success by teaching me the fundamentals of how to be a good communicator and act professionally in real-world situations. I was able to obtain my first job by networking at the HPU career fair and couldn’t have been able to graduate with a job already lined up if it hadn’t been for the Office of Career & Internship Services.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “I would say my most impactful teacher would be professor Phillip Watson; he served as my advisor as well as my teacher for multiple major courses. He guided and pushed me to be the best student I could be.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most memorable moment at HPU would have to be when I joined my fraternity (Pi Kappa Alpha) freshman year and was able to represent my chapter and my school at our national convention.”

08

22

High Point University Professor Lisa Carnell
    Professor Is Program Co-Chair for Upcoming Math Conference
    Shannon Curley
    HPU Senior Interns, Creates a Future at Hasbro
    Beka Butts
    Grant Series to Feature Local Chicana Artist