Students Help Businesses through Let’s Put Our Cities on the Map

HIGH POINT, N.C., Sept. 29, 2015 – High Point University students help local business owners build their own website at the Triad’s first “Let’s Put Our Cities on the Map” event on Sept. 28 at the High Point Chamber of Commerce. Search engine giant Google created the “Let’s Put Our Cities on the Map” program to help business owners across the country build a website for their company so customers can find them online quickly and easily.

At the event, HPU students in the entrepreneurship program assisted any local business owner who did not have a website but wanted to seek guidance in building an online presence.

“This event was excellent for local businesses to create a much needed web presence,” said HPU student Alex Frees. “I loved being able to help and learn from the business owners that I interacted with. I have found that one of the most important steps toward success in today’s highly competitive environment is a prominent and well-managed website. Everything I learned at this event will help me in my future career.”