Chemistry Department Adds New Professor

HIGH POINT, N.C., Oct. 23, 2015 – Dr. Pamela Lundin has joined High Point University as a visiting assistant professor of chemistry. She is one of 41 new faculty members this year, 21 of which are new positions.

Lundin teaches general and organic chemistry lecture and laboratory courses. She also conducts research with undergraduate students in her areas of interest, which include developing new synthetic methods to prepare conjugated polymers and the synthesis of novel and complex conjugated polymer systems.

“I am excited to contribute to the growth of the chemistry department at HPU,” says Lundin. “I will be teaching chemistry-related content and problem-solving strategies that I hope my students can use in their future careers as scientists and health care professionals. I will also mentor students who are working on their own chemistry research.”

Before coming to HPU, Lundin was a postdoctoral scholar at Stanford University, an assistant professor at Appalachian State University and a research assistant professor at Wake Forest University.

She holds a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a doctorate in organic chemistry from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.