Class of 2017 Profile: Miriam Webster Begins Interior Design Career

Name: Miriam Webster

Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina

Major: Webster graduated with a major in Interior Design on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Webster joins RDM Architecture as an interior designer. She will work on healthcare, hospitality, and other commercial projects. Her responsibilities will include developing construction documents, planning layouts and selecting furniture, finishes, building materials and equipment. Webster will coordinate interior design work with architects, engineers and contractors. 

How HPU helped you get there “HPU gave me the knowledge I need to excel in the field of interior design. I was able to apply my knowledge I learned in the classroom in internships during the summers. HPU also gave me the confidence I needed to interview well and speak easily with potential employers.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “All of my professors have had huge impacts on me as an individual – I can’t pick just one.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One of the first few times I toured HPU as a prospective student, my parents and I were walking around campus. We tried the door of Norton, and it was locked. As we were walking away, Dr. Turpin opened the doors and graciously took us on a tour of the building. He made such an impact on my parents and me that day. The professors at HPU certainly are caring individuals; I have found this to be true in all my classes.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there. Don’t give up, and be yourself.”