Internship Outcomes: Carly Miller interns at Kendra Scott

Name: Carly Miller

Hometown: Raymond, Maine

Year: Rising senior

Major: visual merchandising design

Internship: Miller works as a visual merchandising intern with Kendra Scott in Austin, Texas. She collaborates with the visual merchandising team to create displays throughout the store and window displays that merchandise product as well as fit with the Kendra Scott brand. Miller is also working in a mock store that is located in their corporate office to set up what a store would look like during the upcoming seasons. There, she photographs the displays and creates a directive that gets sent out to all the store across the nation so they all have a cohesive look and feel.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has given me a great skillset which has allowed me to work within my field. Throughout my time at HPU, I have created a well-rounded portfolio that has gotten me an incredible internship. HPU has helped me be confident in life skills that are necessary in my field.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Victoria Brown has been an incredible mentor. She has taught me the importance of personal branding and embracing your own personal style. In her studio courses, she has helped me create my portfolio, and she shows me ways to improve my portfolio to make it the best that it can be.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “Being able to see how my major can work within a real corporate business has been incredible. I have experienced how visual merchandising works with every department at my internship and how to collaborate with different teams within the company.”