Free and open to all ages, HPU’s Community Christmas Celebration has grown into the premier complimentary Christmas celebration in the Piedmont Triad. Last year, the university welcomed 20,000 people, and faculty and staff volunteers contributed 2,500 hours to make it possible.
This year’s festivities will include:
- Performances by local schools and church choirs, including:
- Dec. 13 – High Point Central High School Marching Band
- Dec. 14 – T.W. Andrews High School Marching Band
- Mount Zion Wesleyan Church Carolers
- Tri-City Christian Academy Handbell Choir
- Southwest Middle School Vocal Ensemble
- Southwest High School Honors Vocal Ensemble
- Downtown Sound
- Williams Memorial Men’s Choir with Homily by Pastor Robert J. Williams, Jr.
- Rev. Bev Coppley, Superintendent, Northern Piedmont District of the United Methodist Church
- Life on Lexington Musician with Homily by Deon Parker
- Penn-Griffin School for Arts with Homily by Emerywood Baptist Senior Minister Timothy Peoples
- Rev. Andria Williamson, Manager of Chapel Programs at Hayworth Chapel
- Downtown Sound with Homily by Greater High Point Food Alliance Executive Director Carl Vierling
- Santa’s Stable Petting Zoo
- Polar Express Train Rides
- Readings of the Christmas Story by local ministers
- Life-size Nativity scene and photo session
- Photo and gift for children who visit Santa in the Slane Center
- “Falling Snow” Winter Wonderland Experience with hot cocoa and coffee
- Christmas decorations
- Performances by local schools and church choirs
- North Pole Playland
- Arcade games and entertainment
- Crafty Elf Lego Workshop in the R.G. Wanek Center to include Lego Robotics Paint by Robot, Lego Photo Op and Christmas Craft
- Holly Jolly Hot Dog Shoppe in the Millis Center Gym
Free Parking Available : At Oak Hollow Mall (HPU Community Center, formerly JCPenney is the pickup & drop off location), Shuttles to and from campus are provided. Please line up inside the mall to keep warm.
Handicap shuttles will be available as needed at Oak Hollow Mall.
University Parkway & Panther Drive
Centennial St. & International Ave.
Panther Drive & Lexington Ave.