Class of 2017 Profile: Marissa Barrett Becomes Content Creator in NYC

Name: Marissa Barrett

Hometown: Cazenovia, New York

Major: Barrett graduated with a major in Strategic Communication on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Barrett joins ContentWriters, a content marketing startup in New York City. The company provides written content to clients across all major industries, and as content specialist, Barrett is responsible for managing accounts, developing positive relationships with clients, ensuring the marketing content is of the highest quality and creating value for clients and the company through content strategy.

How HPU helped you get there: “Through my relevant class work, study abroad experience in Australia and mentorship from professors and HPU faculty, I’ve been set up for success. I have probably used career and professional development more than any other resource at HPU. From resume and cover letter tips to interview coaching, I’ve received so much guidance that was instrumental in securing my internship and future career. . I attribute a great deal of where I am now to the opportunities and environment I’ve had access to at at HPU.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: Career advisor Doug Hall!

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Honestly looking back at each day I spent at HPU, I’m reminded of what an incredible school I attended. The facilities and resources are unreal, and my professors and mentors truly cared about my success and about me as an individual. The little moments have all added up to a truly impactful experience.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Find your motivation and run with it. No matter how little experience you think you have, a self starter attitude and positive mindset will get you far.”