HPU Junior Scores Internship Behind The Camera

HIGH POINT, N.C., June 3, 2009 – Claudia Mota, a junior majoring in communication at High Point University, is spending her summer behind the cameras thanks to a unique internship with WGHP Fox 8 in High Point.
Mota, of Winston-Salem, says she is excited for the opportunity.
“I’ll be doing a little bit of everything,” Mota says. “I’ll be writing some of the news that will air on TV. I will have the opportunity to follow reporters as they do live reports, and I will learn how to do everything both in front of the camera and behind the scenes. This will help me in my future career because I aspire to be a broadcaster.”
At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in a fun environment with caring people. HPU, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with 3,500 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 50 countries and more than 40 states at campuses in High Point and Winston-Salem. It is ranked by US News and World Report No. 5 among comprehensive universities in the South and No. 1 in its category among up-and-coming schools. Forbes.com ranks HPU in the top 6 percent among “America’s Best Colleges.” The university offers 66 undergraduate majors, 40 undergraduate minors and seven graduate degree programs. It is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the Web at www.highpoint.edu. Chris DudleyVice President for Administration336-841-4530cdudley@highpoint.edu