- Assisting students in developing an educational plan consistent with the life goals and objectives (alternative courses of action, alternate career consideration and selection of courses).
- Assisting students in developing decision-making skills.
- Providing accurate information about institutional policies, procedures, resources, requirements and programs.
- Making referrals to other campus or community support services.
- Assisting students in evaluation or re-evaluation of progress toward established goals and educational plans through monitoring processes.
Thanks for being interested in your academic future and in your graduation as verified by visiting the Academic Advising website. This website is designed to improve and enhance your planning and interactions with your academic advisor. This website is not intended to replace your academic advisor! HPU places a strong emphasis upon quality advising. Advising is the single most effective intervention for improving academic performance, retention and the overall educational experience of our students. Exceptional academic advising is linked to exceptional student success and retention.