HPU Senior Receives Internship Spot At CBS Radio In New York

HIGH POINT, N.C., June 19, 2009 – Tara Dyer, a rising senior majoring in communication at High Point University, is ready for the airwaves thanks to a unique internship with CBS Radio in New York City. 

As part of her internship, Dyer is gaining knowledge of how to maintain and manage multiple spots on the radio stations for many clients. She sits in on brainstorming sessions for their patrons, such as Lincoln and Jimmy Johns. She also has the opportunity to dine with the head of each department once a week. 

“It has been a lot of fun. I really enjoy working with everyone,” Dyer says. “They are all very helpful and want to make sure that I learn as much as I can.” 

Dyer says her future career plans include finding a position in promotions, advertising and event planning.

“With all of the connections I have been making at CBS, I’m hoping to secure a spot with them in the future,” she says.

At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in a fun environment with caring people. HPU, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with 3,500 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 50 countries and more than 40 states at campuses in High Point and Winston-Salem. It is ranked by US News and World Report No. 5 among comprehensive universities in the South and No. 1 in its category among up-and-coming schools. Forbes.com ranks HPU in the top 6 percent among “America’s Best Colleges.” The university offers 66 undergraduate majors, 40 undergraduate minors and seven graduate degree programs. It is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the Web at www.highpoint.edu.

Chris DudleyVice President for Administration336-841-4530cdudley@highpoint.edu