Senior Plans Eventful Future in Dual Internship Roles at MTV, Eastern Costume

Tyler McCoy 2012_large

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 17, 2012 – Tyler McCoy, a rising senior at High Point University, is gaining a wealth of entertainment industry knowledge at two topnotch companies, Eastern Costume and MTV Events, in Los Angeles this summer.

McCoy, who is majoring in communication with a concentration in strategic communication, has been acting primarily as a production assistant for wardrobe at Eastern Costume. She has assisted on multiple commercials and magazine photo shoots for Tide, BIC, Glamour Magazine and more. McCoy says she has become familiar with costume houses across Los Angeles, including Warner brothers, ABC and Universal Studios. And, she has encountered some famous costumes from television shows such as “NCIS: Los Angeles” and “Army Wives.”

In addition to interning at Eastern Costume, McCoy is also working as a production assistant for MTV Events. At MTV, she has assisted in event planning for the 2012 MTV Movie Awards and the SPIKE 2012 GT E3 Party.

McCoy says that she is grateful to have the opportunity to explore these two career avenues this summer and plans to use these experiences to decide her next path.

“My internships this summer will certainly impact my future,” says McCoy. “I want to make the right decision when my time at HPU comes to an end. I am positive that this summer will help me to determine between which career path I want to take. Regardless, both wardrobe and events together are two industries that often go hand in hand.”

McCoy is one of many HPU students who are blogging about their summer experience at http://internshipblog.highpoint.edu. Visit the website to read more about her daily responsibilities and the professional experience she’s gaining. Pam Haynes

Communication Specialist

336-841-9055

phaynes@highpoint.edu