Senior Takes Charge at NYC Banking Internship

Jul 25th, 2012

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 25, 2012 – Dan Kissel, a rising senior at High Point University, is returning to the Big Apple for his fourth summer internship at BNY Mellon.

For the internship in New York City, Kissel will be working alongside an executive who is in charge of managing the relationship between several high-end corporate clients and the bank. Kissel, who is majoring in business administration, will also assist with client reports aimed at tracking the relationships of client contacts at a bank with more than $27 trillion under custody and administration.

Kissel stresses that his time at HPU and his internship have prepared him for a future career in the financial services industry.

“I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to try new departments each summer I have worked with BNY Mellon. Their internship program and keen/supportive collection of managers and employees have ensured a wide range of exposure to the different aspects of banking,” Kissel says. “Over the past four summers I have worked on projects pertaining to everything from foreign exchange currency trading, international marketing, accounting, customer service and even departmental/organizational design. Ultimately, I would like to wrap my interests of finance, economics and relationship management into one career. I believe my time and experience with BNY Mellon will put me on the fast track to do just that.”

# # #
Pam Haynes

Communication Specialist

336-841-9055

phaynes@highpoint.edu