Student Paints a Future at Summer Internship

Jul 09th, 2012

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 5, 2012 – Charles Apter, a rising senior at High Point University, is gaining entrepreneurship experience this summer by serving as a branch manager for Student Painters, a national company designed to help college students earn money for tuition by providing summer employment coupled with managerial experience.

As a branch manager, Apter, a business administration major with a minor in finance, is responsible for marketing his residential painting business, interviewing and hiring employees, budgeting jobs, coordinating sales and overseeing jobs from start to finish.

“This internship is giving me real world experience in many areas of business, and that will allow me to pursue many different job opportunities, and ultimately be highly qualified for all of them,” says Apter.

Apter says that his coursework at HPU has provided a solid foundation of knowledge as he has been able to grow in his new role.

“Overall, my internship has exposed me to many situations that have allowed me to mature and grow at an accelerated pace that will give me an advantage as I near life after college,” he says.

Student Painters is an entrepreneurial franchise founded in 1987 and designed to allow college students to manage or work for their peers during the summer while earning money for tuition and expenses. The program aims to train and prepare college students to make decisions, handle change and deal with pressing issue in a real world business environment.

At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people.℠ HPU, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with over 4,200 undergraduate and graduate students at campuses in High Point and Winston-Salem. It is ranked by US News and World Report at No. 3 among Regional Colleges in the South. Parade Magazine lists HPU in the top 25 private schools in the nation. HPU was selected in the 2010-2011 list of “Colleges of Distinction,” as well as one of the top green schools in the country by the Sierra Club. The university offers 44 undergraduate majors, 40 undergraduate minors and 10 graduate degree programs. It is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the Web at highpoint.edu.

# # #
Pam Haynes

Communication Specialist

336-841-9055

phaynes@highpoint.edu