Rising Senior Interns at Insurance Brokerage and Risk Management Firm

MattHIGH POINT, N.C., July 30, 2013 – Rising High Point University senior Matt Jakubowski, from West Deptford, N.J., is interning this summer at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world’s largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms.

Jakubowski says the internship is giving him the opportunity to work alongside some of the company’s top employees while helping them produce proposals and marketing pieces for different clients.

He says the leadership positions and experience he has gained at HPU helped prepare him for the position.

“HPU has given me many opportunities to develop and mature as a professional,” says Jakubowski. “Whether it is attending an entrepreneurship round table and listening to the governor of NC or attending a political science course, all things High Point are geared to preparing me for the job market.”

He’s also getting different opportunities to learn from some of the companies top executives.

“During orientation week, we participated in a sales presentation, which increased my depth of knowledge about the industry and gave me an idea about the different professional positions available,” says Jakubowski.