HPU Welcomes Welsh as Instructor of Italian

John Welsh

John WelshHIGH POINT, N.C., Sept. 5, 2013 – High Point University recently hired John Welsh for the fall semester as an instructor of Italian in the Department of Modern Foreign Languages.

Welsh, who has expertise in 20th century Italian literature and film, and has also worked as an editor and translator, will teach four sections of first year Italian.

“As a newcomer to the area and the university community, I have been extremely impressed by everyone I have encountered at High Point,” says Welsh. “The dedication to treating students and faculty well is truly refreshing.”

“I hope to bring youth, enthusiasm and a love of teaching to my classes,” Welsh says. “After several years away from teaching as a student and researcher, I am very excited to return to the classroom.”

Welsh holds master’s degrees from Harvard University and the University of Virginia and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Notre Dame in Italian studies, and he is currently working to obtain his doctorate from Harvard University. He also received an award for his work as an instructor during his graduate studies at UVA.