Senior Elected to Fraternity’s National Council

Sam Martorella

HIGH POINT, N.C., Oct. 7, 2013 – High Point University senior Sam Martorella is the new student representative of Pi Kappa Phi’s National Council.

Martorella was chosen out of every fraternity member in the country based off of his leadership experience and other accomplishments. The national fraternity specifically credited the business major’s strong focus on scholarship. Under his leadership, HPU’s Pi Kappa Phi Theta Tau chapter has achieved the highest fraternity GPA on campus.

“Sam displays strong leadership qualities and has led his chapter to truly redefine the fraternity experience at High Point University by cultivating culture of excellence,” said Chief Operating Officer Christian Wiggins. “We look forward to having his perspective on the council over the next year as the fraternity develops its next strategic plan.”

“Being selected to serve on the National Council is a great honor,” says Martorella. “I am excited to get started and begin working with my fellow council members and the Pi Kappa Phi National Staff. I would like to thank Teri Cugliari and Marc Gmuca who have always been a source of support to my Theta Tau chapter that continues to do amazing things on HPU’s campus.”