HPU Welcomes Schlick as Lab Supervisor

12.31.2013

HIGH POINT, N.C., Dec. 31, 2013 – High Point University recently hired Whitney Schlick as the new lab supervisor.

Schlick is responsible for overseeing the organization and daily flow of the biology labs. She is also responsible for maintaining safety precautions and practices in the lab.

Schlick previously worked as a technical director for the environmental lab, Pace Analytical. With previous experience in lab work, Schlick is excited to take what she’s learned and use it at HPU.

“I hope that I will inspire in the students a love and excitement for science. I also hope to give them insight into all the doors that an education in science can open,” Schlick says.

Schlick is looking forward to being a part of such an inspiring university.

“At HPU, I had the opportunity to work alongside professors that inspired my love for science, and made me want to learn as much as I could,” says Schlick. “I hope to do the same thing for current HPU students.”

Schlick graduated from High Point University with a Bachelor of Science in biology in 2009. She has worked in various labs and has also worked with agencies such as the EPA and the FDA.

Apr
      17
      4.17

Spring Open House
      Jun
      20
      6.20

Early Registration

Relay 01
    HPU Raises Thousands for Cancer Research Through ‘Relay For Life’
    Charmaine Cadeau
    Professor to Headline ‘World Book Night’ Event
    HPU Civitan Club 2014
    Civitan Club Receives Three International Honors for Service