Sophomore Interns for Congressional Campaign

Haley Cotnoir, Congressman Joseph Courtney

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 23, 2014 – Haley Cotnoir, a rising sophomore at High Point University and Enfield, Conn. native, is expanding her marketing experience while interning for U.S. Rep. Joseph Courtney’s re-election campaign in Connecticut.

The business administration major assists in the campaign marketing office to organize appearances for the congressman, recruits volunteers and is working to set up the campaign headquarters.

“This internship is allowing me to see the marketing side of a campaign and how a congressman needs to be publicized in the correct way in order to run a successful campaign. In the future, I will use the skills in which I have been learning to help guide me through my marketing career,” says Cotnoir.

Cotnoir says her first year at HPU made a big impact and prepared her for a professional internship her first summer of college.

“After completing my first year, I have become a more confident and independent young adult,” she says. “I feel as if I am able to go out in the real world and understand what is expected of me day after day. I am confident that my next three years at High Point will provide me with even more opportunities that will shape me into a better person, as well as help me with my future endeavors.”