Davis Joins HPU’s School of Education

Sep 02nd, 2014

Davis Joins HPU’s School of Education

HIGH POINT, N.C., Sept. 2, 2014 – High Point University’s School of Education welcomes Dr. James Davis as an associate professor of education.

In his new position, Davis will teach undergraduate, graduate and doctoral classes in Elementary and Middle Grades and Educational Leadership.

Davis brings an extensive background in education to the position. He spent the last 15 years in public education, with 10 years as a school administrator in the Cabarrus County and Rowan-Salisbury School Systems. During that time he was honored with several awards, including WELLS FARGO Principal of the Year, Partners for Student Success and Achievement Award, Concord Middle School Teacher of the Year and the Impact for Education Award.

He says he is excited to share his passion for education with future teachers at HPU.

“As an educator, my personal mission statement is to ‘Love Kids, Support Teachers, Involve Parents, and Pass it On,’” says Davis. “My personal mission statement, combined with HPU’s mission for every student to receive an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people, has made me feel as though I am at the most perfect place possible for serving others and changing lives.”