HPU Senior Interns with Local Accounting Firm

Feb 27th, 2015

HIGH POINT, N.C., Feb. 27, 2015 – Francesca Zappa, a senior at High Point University, is preparing for her future accounting career as an assurance intern at Smith Leonard, PLLC in High Point.

The accounting major from Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, has responsibilities similar to those of a first-year assurance associate. Zappa gets hands-on experience by working on the different parts of audits for clients.

“This internship acts as a great transition between college and the working world,” says Zappa. “I get to experience what it is like to work in public accounting and the responsibilities I can expect to have during my first year of work.”

Zappa believes that this internship will help her land a full-time job when she graduates in May. She credits the coursework and professors at HPU for this valuable opportunity.

“My accounting classes and professors have helped me to be successful during this internship,” Zappa says. “The professors are always willing to work with students in order to help them find an internship that is a good fit for them.”

After graduation, Zappa will begin to take the CPA exam and hopes to one day be a partner at or own a public accounting firm.