Class of 2015 Outcomes: Jill Hollis Brings Designs to Life

Name: Jill Hollis

Hometown: Wilmington, North Carolina

Major: Hollis graduated with a B.A. in Home Furnishings on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Hollis accepted a position as a stager’s assistant with Staging Denver in Denver, Colorado. In her position, Hollis will work closely with a team to create design plans for clients’ homes. She will help designate furnishings for projects, make sure everything is pulled for the job and make the designs come to life.

How HPU helped you get there: “Being located within the furniture capital of the world has helped me have a leg up in the home furnishings industry. Being surrounded by top furniture companies and taking multiple field trips pre- and post-market to their show rooms helped not only keep my passion for design alive but also gave me a well-rounded perspective of the industry.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Richard Bennington by far was my favorite professor and mentor at HPU. His dedication to his students is apparent and his knowledge of the industry amazed me more and more everyday.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “HPU impacted me in many ways, but I would have to say sitting at my graduation ceremony knowing my whole life was ahead of me was the most impactful moment.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take your time and don’t stress if you don’t find a job right away. Everything will work out when it is supposed to!