Class of 2016 Outcomes: Samantha Rose Finds Her Future at Furnitureland South

Dec 26th, 2015

Samantha-Rose.jpg

Recent December graduates of High Point University are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2016:

Name: Samantha Rose

Hometown: Raleigh, North Carolina

Major: Rose graduated with a B.S. in Home Furnishings in December.

Post-graduation plans: Rose accepted a position as a sales coordinator and showroom salesperson for Furnitureland South in Jamestown, North Carolina.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me with the various staff that offer their help without hesitation. Career and Professional Development, especially, help spruce up my profile for career development and guide me to the right people.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “The two most impactful professors I had here at HPU were Dr. Bennington and Mr. Quinn. Dr. Bennington was extremely knowledgeable in the HFS industry and introduced me to many people who have helped me along the way. Larry Quinn made an impact on me in one of his sales classes. He provided me with the tools I needed to sell myself and be confident in what I have to offer, which helped me land the job I wanted.

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t stress so much about what you have no control over, and always go for what you want (even if you think its way out of your league). If you take action and take advantage of all the opportunities HPU offers, odds are you’ll end up in your dream position.