Class of 2017 Profile: Caroline Tucker Leads at Amazon

Caroline Tucker

Name: Caroline Tucker

Hometown: Arlington, Virginia

Major: Tucker will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in International Business, with minors in Economics and Spanish, on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Tucker accepted a position as an Area Manager at Amazon. In her position, Tucker will lead a team of Amazon Associates by motivating, mentoring and assisting the team to ensure safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement during each shift for every Amazon Associate.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University has shown me my academic potential and what I can achieve if I challenge myself everyday. I have learned through classes, professors and friends that I am capable of being so much more than what I gave myself credit for. It has also given me self-confidence, which has helped me achieve my day-to-day tasks and my long-term goals.

I used Career & Professional Development to primarily improve my resume. I went many times as a junior and changed the format and wording to make my resume more impressive and professional. It was refreshing to have another set of eyes look at my resume and critique it from a different point of view.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU is Brit Carl. She was my freshman student success coach who advised me academically in my major. Although I was assigned to a different coach a year later, Ms. Carl has always stayed in contact with me as I continued my academic career at HPU. She has seen me grow as a person and has always been a source of advice if I ever had questions.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU is when I studied in Spain for a May term. It was amazing to be immersed into a different culture and learn all the customs of the country. I left Spain with a new outlook on the world and a better understanding of Spanish culture.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Internships, internships, internships! Internships will jump-start your future career and help you discover your interests for a potential job. They will also set you apart from other job-searching students when applying to any future jobs by showing your dedication and hard work to employers.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2017 here.