Class of 2017 Profile: Emily Good Manages Outside Sales

Name: Emily Good 

Hometown: Pinehurst, North Carolina

Major: Good graduated with a major in Exercise Science with a concentration in health and wellness on May 6.

Post-graduation plans: Good joins UniFirst Corporation in Charlotte, North Carolina as an outside sales representative. She will be responsible for acquiring new business accounts in her specified North Carolina territory. She will call on businesses ranging from large corporations to small companies in order to develop new sales strategies and maintain high levels of production. Good also oversees new account installations, conducting presentations and negotiating sales contracts with potential new clients. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has not only given me the tools I need to be successful in my current career and with my future endeavors, but it has given me the confidence to enter the professional world knowing I can accomplish anything I put my mind to, no matter how difficult it may seem. Career & Professional Development was a huge asset for me. I would like to brag on Kellie McLeod as she was my go-to for any and all questions regarding my resume, interview tips or just simply professional advice. Kellie constantly had a positive and energetic smile on her face and was always willing to meet me as often as I needed (sometimes several times a week). I can not thank her enough for everything she helped me with and I owe my impeccable resume and interview skills all to her.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Over my four years at HPU, I crossed paths with so many amazing and inspirational professors who really showed me the true importance of higher education. Dr. Kimberly Reich was one of those professors that I will never forget. Dr. Reich is one of the most kindhearted and hard-working individuals I know, and not only did it show in her classes and teaching methods, but through the interactions I had with her in office hours and around campus on a daily basis. Even outside of the classroom, Dr. Reich had a way of exuding positivity and self-confidence in her students and other professors around her.” 

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One of the most impactful moments I had at HPU would be running my hands under the fountain in David Hayworth park my freshman year. This freshman tradition serves as a symbol of good luck for academic and personal success, but the reason this was so special to me was because it represented the beginning of something new. In that moment it gave me the chance to close my eyes and envision the endless opportunities I was going to be given over the next four years.” 

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice for underclassmen would be to simply enjoy your time in college. Go to class and study hard but also take advantage of the cultural events and social activities HPU has to offer. Soak in all of the knowledge and experience you can because after graduation this will be the foundation you have to begin that new chapter of your life in the professional world. Four years fly by faster than you think, so enjoy all of the amazing opportunities High Point University has.”