Internship Profile: Kiersten Ketcham Works Communications for Greensboro Swarm

Name: Kiersten Ketcham

Hometown: Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Year: Class of 2018

Major: Human Relations

Internship: Ketcham worked primarily with the Charlotte Hornets NBA G-League affiliate the Greensboro Swarm in their communications department. She created different media materials for the team to use when reaching out to different media outlets, and helped run the stats department on game days. Ketcham was given the large task of running media day for the team and was in charge of all media outlets and making sure the receive their credentials and that the event ran smoothly.

How HPU helped you get there: “Through many of my communication classes I have learned how the develop different PR materials that are essential for my job. I have also learned how to appropriately interact with the media. Through my human relations skills I can work well in teams and have good conflict management techniques.”   

How you used Career & Professional Development: “They have helped me use my internship to advance myself as a professional.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. David Bergen has been my most impactful mentor at HPU.” 

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future: “My internship experience is been very influential for my problem-solving skills. I have been given many responsibilities that a full time employee would have. These opportunities to do even more work than expected, and more advanced work have made be a grow a lot by making me a lot more confident in my skills and being able to professional communicate with individuals better.”