Internship Profile: Michaela Mucha Designs for Ivanka Trump HQ

Name: Michaela Mucha

Hometown: Havre de Grace, Maryland   

Major: Graphic design with minors in Computer Science, Communications and Mathematics.

Internship: Mucha spent the summer as a graphic desing intern for Ivanka Trump HQ in NYC. As part of the Ivanka Trump HQ team of 16 women, she worked cross-functionally in a fast-moving environment with rapidly evolving priorities and constant exposure to senior leadership. With the team and her fellow interns, she developed a series of projects and tasks that not only sharpened her existing skills, but also challenged her to think bigger and better. Her daily tasks included: communicating the Ivanka Trump brand identity and culture through all creative initiatives, loading editorial content into WordPress, designing digital assets for IvankaTrump.com and social media channels, and assisting in photo shoots, all while keeping up with relevant industry trends and concepting new, fresh, and on-brand ideas!  

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has opened so many opportunities for me and has allowed me to grow into not only a skilled designer, but also as a leader. Being able to serve the organizations I’m a part of on campus in leadership positions has given me the work experience and skills that has allowed me to implement successfully during my internship.”  

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future: “My experience working alongside this incredible and inspiring group of women has been surreal. Not only have I gained once-in-a-lifetime experience on working in-house for a brand celebrating the many different ways in which women work but I have also gained insight and experience on not just my field, graphic design, but also in the production of editorial content, copywriting, uploading content to WordPress, photo shoot set-up, social media marketing, etc. Within the office’s collaborative open work space, I have been able to see all sides of each department and how they passionately work together to create content and clothing aimed to empower and inspire women who work.”