Class of 2018 Outcomes: Jessie Hall Recruits in NYC for Aerotek

Name: Jessie Hall

Hometown: Verona, New Jersey 

Major: Hall will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with a minors in Sales and Marketing, on May 5.

Post-graduation plans: Hall will join Aerotek as a recruiter in New York City. She will be recruiting and interviewing potential prospects to help connect them to their dream job in many different industries.

How HPU helped you get there: “All the services HPU has to offer are amazing and help aid you in achieving anything you could want. From professors, to advisors, to career services, and even to the employees working on campus, you feel endless support and happiness from others. 

Through Career & Professional Development I was able to take assessments of my strengths and weaknesses and use those as points in my resume, as well as talking points in interviews. They also helped me in making sure that my resume and LinkedIn profile stood out in a pile of other candidates. They also gave me the confidence to go into any interview or similar situation just being myself.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was and is Professor Larry Quinn. When I was a freshman, I was determined to study Business Administration and take over my family business back home. Then, my second semester, Professor Quinn taught one of my classes and sold me on the Sales Club. Right away, I knew I liked what he was saying and the confident vibe he had about himself because I, myself, was not confident at the time. I went to a Sales Club meeting, and that was that. I added another minor for sales, took as many sales classes as I could with him and immersed myself in the club. I went to a sales competition in New Jersey with Professor Quinn, and he pushed me to be my best and talk to the companies for which I dreamed about working. He helped break me out of my shell. Four years later, I feel like a new person with a job in sales, and I owe it all to Professor Quinn and the sales program.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was when I went to my first sales meeting and took my first sales class. It changed what I wanted to do with my life, and I believe I truly found my passion.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice to underclassmen would be to take advantage of all the great services and clubs HPU has to offer. There are so many opportunities at this university that a lot of people do not even realize or take advantage of. Also, don’t be afraid to put yourself out there or to take a risk. Take the job interview with your dream company right away, go talk to whoever you can and network with them because you never know who they may know as well. Never be afraid to fail, because every time you fail, you learn a new lesson. It makes you that much more prepared and knowledgeable for next time.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2018 here.