Class of 2018 Outcomes: Rachel Babinat Goes to First-Choice Law School

law

Name: Rachel Babinat

Hometown: La Porte City, Iowa

Major: Babinat will graduate on May 5 with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration and B.A. in English Literature.

Post-graduation plans: Babinat will attend law school at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University has had an incredible impact on helping me to achieve my goals. Both my English and business professors have helped and profusely encouraged me throughout my four years here. They are constantly motivating and challenging me daily to be the best I can possibly be. All of this has occurred on an absolutely beautiful and inspiring campus, with staff members who are always willing to help at a moment’s notice. HPU has helped me grow in maturity and has given me the tools to accomplish anything I set my mind to.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “All of the professors at HPU have been incredibly helpful, but there are two mentors in both of my majors who have had the biggest impact on me. For my business administration courses, the most impactful mentor would be Professor Lillian Watson. She really encouraged me to pursue law and helped me throughout the entire, stressful process. Dr. Matthew Carlson is the most impactful mentor I had from the English department. I enjoyed every class he taught because they were challenging and really interesting. Plus, he consistently encouraged me to achieve even more than I thought I could accomplish.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment at HPU was at the end of February this year when I learned that my critical research paper, Conflicting Symbols of National Identity in Brian Friel’s ‘Translations,’ was accepted by High Point University’s undergraduate research journal, Innovation: Journal of Creative and Scholarly Works. Getting a paper published was an incredibly rewarding experience. Shortly after I learned about my accepted publication, I was accepted to my top-choice law school. It was very impactful because all of my hard work was finally paying off.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Push yourself to achieve. HPU has amazing professors, staff, facilities, workshops and tools easily available help you accomplish your dreams. It is up to you to take advantage of every opportunity handed to you by HPU. If you do, all the success you could want after graduation is possible.”

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. View more extraordinary seniors from the Class of 2018 here.