HPU Family Endows Daniel Herbert, Sr. Scholarship

trustee

Daniel H. Herbert

HIGH POINT, N.C., April 13, 2018 – A High Point University family has endowed a new scholarship to support students.

The Daniel H. Herbert, Sr. Family Endowed Scholarship was established by Christine Yackman, who, along with her daughter, Denise Pittenger, and son, Daniel Yackman, wish to support and encourage students who demonstrate financial need. The scholarship can be renewed for four years.

Christine Yackman is the mother of a current student at HPU and resides in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey.

“My father was a very giving man and a forward-thinker who embodied God, family and country,” she says. “His story is similar to HPU President Nido Qubein’s story in that my father grew up with very little, but he worked hard and demonstrated perseverance and intelligence.

“He became a pillar in his community and instilled in my family the values we hold dear today – the same values we see HPU instilling in its students,” Yackman added. “My family and I wanted to give someone the opportunity to attend college, which is an opportunity my father never had.”