Class of 2019 Outcomes: Brandon Jusas Joins William Blair & Co.

Class of 2018 Outcomes: Brandon Jusas

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019 who graduated a semester early:

Name: Brandon Jusas

Hometown: Golden Oak, Florida

Major: Finance

Post-graduation plans: Joining William Blair & Co. as an investment banking analyst, in Chicago, Illinois, Jusas will assist senior bankers in pitching and executing large financial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, bond offerings and IPOs. The role entails financial analysis, the creation of marketing materials and monitoring the flow of information between parties involved in transactions.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU had professors who cared enough to help me prepare for the technical components of interviews that this field requires, that combined with my desire to land a career in investment banking by preparation and networking, has lead me to this moment. During my interview with William Blair & Co., I shared a meal with two junior bankers before the more intense round of interviews began. It was designed through a more social setting to see if other junior bankers would enjoy working with me, and I felt as prepared as one could be. Meals at 1924 Prime helped me to remember to use formal dining etiquette and that allowed me to be more focused on the conversation with the other analysts, rather than worrying about proper behavior.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “The most meaningful mentor I have had at HPU would be a toss up between Dr. Lifland, Mr. James, and Dr. Lacy. All three took a keen interest in my career pursuits and took time out of their schedules to help me prepare for interviews whenever I asked them to. I will always be thankful for their time and support along my journey.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The best moment of my time at HPU was getting the call that I had been offered a full-time position at William Blair & Co. My focus since the start of my college career has been pursuing a career and that call served as validation of my mission.”

Advice for underclassmen: “The best-unsolicited advice I could give to underclassmen would be to make yourself accountable to your goals because setting them isn’t enough. Create a plan of action and adjust it as you discover what you need to improve most. Finally, don’t be discouraged when you fail, rather, learn from the experience and don’t make the same mistake twice.”