Class of 2019 Outcomes: Andrew Wible Joins Lockheed Martin

With another successful commencement behind us, High Point University seniors have kicked-off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019: 

Name: Andrew Wible

Hometown: Long Valley, New Jersey

Major: Business administration with a minor in finance

Post-graduation plans: Wible joins Lockheed Martin as a missile and fire control multi-functional financial analyst associate in Grand Prairie, Texas. He is conducting financial forecasting models, developing and tracking budgets, and computing earned value through business analysis. Wible is performing these tasks at the highest level to bring the best performance to customers across the world.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has gotten me to where I am now by encouraging me to realize my goals. From there, the school’s resources assisted me in achieving those goals. The university’s culture of positivity and motivation to envision success is what drove me to land a successful and competitive job after college. Even in life, it has inspired me to start my mornings at 4:30 a.m. every day, workout before I start my daily routine and perform at the same lifestyle of a CEO at major corporations. HPU has taught me that if you want success in life, you have to work hard to get it. I used the Office of Career and Professional Development to assist early on in tailoring my resume to fit my major and my goals. From there, I went to them each semester to keep informed on any careers or open positions that fit my interests. In the end, they helped me track down jobs and get interviews with top companies across the United States.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My mentors at HPU are both Dr. Dean Smith and President Nido Qubein. I took Dr. Smith’s classes during my time at the university and he teaches fundamental principles along with how to use real-world application for those principles, something I always look for in an education. I love being able to take the skills I learn and apply them to my post-college career. President Qubein has played a large role in my success at HPU. His class, the President’s Seminar on Life Skills, that he takes the time to teach all freshmen, motivated me and eased the transition process coming into college. Seeing him throughout my years made me want to be the most successful person I could be.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Getting to know all of my HPU friends changed my life for the better. They have been such an inspiration and motivation for me to be my best self. They also afforded me some of the most fun times I have ever experienced, and that has inspired me to strive toward the ‘best of the best’ lifestyle.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Utilize all the resources that HPU has to offer. You would be amazed how much High Point University can do for you. I realized that up until the last days of my tenure when getting to know President Qubein even better. If you take advantage of the opportunities presented to you, anything is within reach.”