Internship Profile: Emiliano Martinez-Don Manages for Merrill Lynch

Name: Emiliano Martinez-Don

Hometown: Miami, Florida

Major: International business with minors in economics and French

Internship: Martinez-Don joins the Merrill Lynch branch of Bank of America as a wealth management summer analyst in New York City. He is compiling market research on potential investment opportunities, analyzing client account data, attending client meetings and is developing an understanding of the financial services industry.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU’s academic resources and positive environment allow me to flourish and prepare myself academically for this and future positions. I consulted my career advisor in the Office of Career & Professional Development to better prepare my resume for the interview process.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU is Dr. Benoit Leclercq. Dr. Leclercq has not only helped me develop my understanding of the french language but also inspired me to work hard and apply my knowledge to the world and academia to be the best I can be.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship experience has been extremely fascinating. I have been exposed to multiple areas in the financial services industry and look forward to pursuing a career in wealth management.”