Internship Profile: Maggie Goble Guides BASF Agricultural Solutions

Name: Maggie Goble

Hometown: Raleigh, North Carolina

Major: Business administration with minors in sales and finance

Internship: Goble joins BASF Agricultural Solutions as a marketing development associate intern. She is working with the marketing team to prepare for the biggest product launch in company history and in this role works with various campaign managers, researches competitor data, tracks projects and creates content for sales representatives. Goble also had the opportunity to attend the National Business Conference, where she networked with the Senior Vice President of BASF Crop Protection.

How HPU helped you get there: “The Phillips School of Business plays a substantial role in providing me with the resources I need to be successful. Through my courses, I have built a foundation of knowledge and techniques that will help me continue to develop professionally. I am constantly surrounded by faculty and staff who encourage me to expand my thinking, try new things, and find my passion. In addition to academics, HPU has taught me the life skills needed to step into the corporate world. From interview training to networking workshops, this institution provides the tools to hit the ground running. I first visited the Office of Career and Professional Development during my freshman year, when I was struggling to decide what major to declare. I sat down with my career advisor, Kellie McLeod, to discuss my interests, past experiences and ambitions. She walked me through multiple assessments and showed me my options. As a first-year student, choosing a career path can be overwhelming but with the excellent faculty and resources at HPU, discovering your passions is easy. During my first week of internship training, we reviewed business etiquette, and HPU has already prepared me for this by providing resources such as the learning lab 1924 Prime to teach us the skills appropriate for this type of event.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Angela Munsie is wonderful! She will do anything to help you achieve your goals, and ensure that you are successful both inside and outside the classroom. Her mentorship has given me the confidence to ask questions, explore different career opportunities and step out of my comfort zone.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship experience has given me a glimpse into what it’s like working in the fast-paced corporate world. Each day is something new, and while that can be challenging, it motivates me to work hard and learn more. I am continually overwhelmed by the dedication of my co-workers and am fortunate to work alongside them.”