Freshman Profile: Bettering a Business and a Student

HPU’s newest cohort of students represents a wide variety of academic achievement, service, backgrounds, cultures and geographic locations. Luke Melin, one member of the Class of 2023, brings with his many academic accolades and accreditations. Below, discover how he plans to make the most out of his time at HPU: 

Name: Luke Melin

Hometown: Wayzata, Minnesota

High school attended: The Blake School in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Accomplishments: Melin is the founder of Visualization Training LLC a company which produces a soccer training product called Shottarget – intended to improve shot placement, and he was co-captain of his high school’s state championship soccer team. His team won in overtime with a half-field shot that was featured on SportsCenter Top 10 and he was recipient of the Spirit Award, given to an athlete for exceptional work ethic and leadership.

Major: Business administration and entrepreneurship

Why you chose HPU: “I chose HPU for a number of reasons. Without question, the campus is extremely impressive and the facilities are extraordinary, however, I appreciate the opportunities HPU present in entrepreneurship. As I already started my own company, I hope to further develop my entrepreneurship skills while at High Point University. I really connected with a lot of great people during the times I visited campus and that made the decision to attend HPU even easier.”

What you’re looking forward to at HPU: “I’m looking forward to a number of things, first and foremost, the great opportunities to further my education at a university where I can pursue my interests in business with access to highly accomplished faculty members and mentors. Also, being a part of a very positive environment and meeting interesting people.”